The Adventure Package
Below is a sample itineray and description of the tours included in the 5 Day/4 Night Adventure Package. This package will include transportation to and from the parks and ancient cities, all meals and guides.
Day 1 - Wilpattu National Park
- Leaving from Negombo at 8:00am, guests travel to the Aggressor Safari Lodge® near Wilpattu and Minneriya National Parks. The travel time is about two and a half hours.
- After guests check-in and enjoy lunch, they will be taken on an afternoon safari around 2:30pm into Wilpattu National Park. Here they will have the opportunity to experience big game viewing of the parks; Leopards, Elephant, Bear, Buffalo, Deer, Crocodile, Jackal and many other animals and birds in their natural jungle habitat. After the first day they will then head back to the Safari Lodge for dinner at night fall.
Day 2 - Sigiriya Rock Palace & Minneriya National Park
- After breakfast, guests will leave the lodge at 7:00am to travel to the 5th Century AD Sigiriya Rock Palace.The most striking feature of this monument is the Mirror Wall which contains painted with inscriptions and poemsdating from the 8th century.The palace and fortress complex takes several hours to climb from the bottom to the top.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, guests will go on an afternoon safari into Minneriya National Park around 2:30pm. This national park is home to the largest Asian elephant gathering known to exist on the planet. Guests sit and watch as these huge animals drink, play and snack on the green, lush grasses that have been exposed by the receding water. Dinner follows at the Safari Lodge.
Day 3 - Anuradhapura & Wilpattu
- After breakfast, guests will leave the lodge at 7:30am to travel to the 3rd Century BC ancient city in Anuradhapura. It served as the capital city of the country for nearly 1400 years until the beginning of the 11th century AD. During this period, it remained one of the most stable and durable centers of political power and urban life in South Asia. The city also houses the Jetavana, the Abhayagiri Dagaba and Ruwanwelisaya stupa’s that house many ancient Buddhist relics and remains of Buddhist monks and nuns. The Jetavana stupa, is the largest stupa in the Buddhist world in both its dimensions and its mass. It is 231 feet high up to its broken pinnacle and it has been calculated that it is made up of 160 million bricks.
- Guests will enjoy lunch at Wilpattu National Park around 1:30pm in an area frequented by troupes of monkeys, The adventure continues with a second safari through Wilpattu National Park to experience big game viewing of the parks; Leopards, Elephant, Bear, Buffalo, Deer, Crocodile, Jackal and many other animals and birds in their natural jungle habitat and then back to the Safari Lodge.
Day 4 - "Monkey Kingdom" Primate Center
- After an early breakfast, guests will leave the lodge at 5:30am to travel to the Sri Lanka’s Primate Center for a full days jungle excursion. Established over 50 years ago, the Primate Center is where Disney Studios filmed the movie "Monkey Kingdom". It is home to 3 types of Sri Lankan monkeys, the Toque Macaque, the Gray Langur and the Purple Faced Langur. While visiting the monkeys in their natural jungle habitat, you can observe their interaction with family, friends and even their enemies. You will witness displays caring, courtship, passion, cooperation and teamwork as well as greed, jealousy and aggression as they go about their daily business.
- Return to the Safari Lodge around mid afternoon.
- Early breakfast and final look around the Aggressor Safari Lodge™ before leaving for Negombo and your journey home.